WordPress Maintenance Plan
Our WordPress Maintenance Plans keep the software on your website up to date, secure and visible to Search Engines. It’s Tech Support for your WordPress site. Pay yearly or monthly*.
Without regularly maintaining WordPress and all its associated plugins, your website will eventually; get hacked, bloat, be penalised by Google (secretly), get blacklisted, be used for phishing, accumulate errors, suffer from (accidental?) black-hat SEO and simply – slow right down. WordPress websites eventually break if not supported (click here if your WP site is broken).
Don’t confuse hosting with maintenance. “Hosting” services are mostly set and forget. They leave WordPress maintenance & health up to you (or us).
|Your Website Type||#Pages||Yearly||Monthly*|
|WordPress Small||< 20||$449||$44|
|WP Business/Basic Corporate||< 30||$549||$49|
|Ecommerce/Complex WP Websites||< 20||$649||$59|
|Community/Multiple User Sites||n/a||$749||$64|
* One year minimum.
(Hint: 40+ services you don’t get with regular hosting)
Complex sites need more than hosting as they grow. Yes, using WordPress also means keeping 3rd party plugins and software up to date – but that’s a small part of what we do. A WordPress maintenance plan will also cover you for the following on-site issues;
- Fix any issue that arose from not being managed in the past
- Obscure login pages to prevent hacker attacks (usually done immediately)
- Test for malware and clean site if bugs are found (the #1 reason why sites “break”)
- Check site health and remove it from blacklists (e.g. Google, Norton etc.)
- Check your site for Black Hat SEO (anything that ignores Google’s SEO guidelines)
- Nofollow to links that don’t help your ranking (SEO makeovers only).
- Add code which tells Google to re-index your page after an update (great for SEO).
- Monitor Google Search Console for inconsistencies, health & SEO issues (upon request)
- Monitor Google Analytics to check/identify patterns in your traffic (upon request)
- Remove dead links (Googlebot may stop indexing a site if it discovers a dead link)
- Check forms are working (this is huge)
- Add form security (partially to prevent bots injecting malware into your Db)
- On-site back-up of form data. Never lose a lead because of dicky email
- Custom PHP functions/libraries updated (upon request)
- Communicate with your hosting people (if not hosted with us).
- Delete or update old plugins and themes (leaving one in reserve)
- Delete old posts and page drafts (checking with you first)
- Remove unused media (upon request)
- Remove unused categories & tags (SEO makeovers only)
- Hide/replace unused shortcodes (if you use those)
- Clean up database (speeds up site a little)
- Remove comment spam (secret two-pronged approach)
- Walk you through any aspect of your site over the phone. Including fix stuff we didn’t do.
Monthly Check-ins (sometimes weekly)
- Update 3rd party software updates (plugins, extensions, software).
- Respond and fix issues discovered by Google Search Console (good SEO)
- Black Hat SEO checking (due to client misadventure/bad “SEO tweaking”)
- Redirect old pages to new ones (preserve link juice, site authority).
- Prevention of Denial of Service attacks (DoS attacks) when possible.
- Prevent hacking and comment spam.
- Enbolden site access and deal with lock-outs (e.g. creating new logins)
- Monthly site clean & anti-virus protection
- Database normalisation after updating
- Monitor User Activity (upon request)
- Answer all email queries (within 48hrs)
- Answer phone calls (8am – 6pm EST)
- Check and redirect broken links (SEO makeovers only)
- Fix menu issues when adding new pages
- Resolve site crashes
- Automatic website backups (upon request)
- Manual website backups
- Remove, block or watch suspicious or mis-behaving files.
- Block countries (if you need this for DOS/hack attacks).
- Communicate with your server people (on-going)
- Walk you through any aspect of your site over the phone.
Jobs under 12 minutes are FREE on a Geoffrey WordPress Website Maintenance Plan.
If you need site content updated (words and images), please check our website content updating page.
If you are not hosted, we will host your site for free on a blisteringly fast, WordPress-configured LiteSpeed server (SSD card, 20X normal speed) – perfect for SEO. Any site with more than 20 pages and a CMS needs managed hosting. It’s a form of insurance.
Google rolls out new SEO rules frequently (in the past it has done so daily) – so you need to be fixing those regularly. Requirements for SSL, mobile-friendly websites or de-indexing due to keyword-stuffing are highlights of the last 5 years. Get up to speed and know what you can (white hat SEO) and can’t do (black hat SEO) on your WP website. Just “leaving it” will guarantee problems down the track. Hire a professional webmaster to maintain your WordPress website and sleep peacefully from only $49pa.
No cowboys. No lock-in contracts. No automation.
WordPress Hosting Vs. WordPress Maintenance
What is Hosting?
Website hosting means putting your website on a server which is connected to the internet backbone. Period.
Wholesale hosting is very cheap. You can host hundreds of sites on a good server for less than A$600pa. However, the cheaper the hosting, the cheaper the quality (of the server and service they provide). I could strap a laptop to the internet backbone and charge for hosting. Instead I choose to maintain client websites properly – particularly if they are running WordPress. That way our WP managed sites are always ready for resale or upgrading in the future. Our managed WordPress sites are rarely more than 4 weeks old.
I use specialist WordPress Hosting platforms. Today’s favourites;
- www.siteground.com.au – great support
- www.queenslandhosting.com – super fast Australian server and
- www.a2hosting.com – reliable and serious hosting with 24/7 chat support.
Hosting providers can help you with SSL, bandwidth and space issues on your website – but few hosting providers will keep a WordPress website up to date. There’s simply too much to do. In fact, some hosts will send you a message when something goes wrong – asking you to fix it (because your site is compromising their security).
WordPress Management & Maintenance Plans
Geoffrey specialises in keeping WordPress run websites serviced and up to date.
Websites on our WordPress maintenance plan are, on average, only ever about 1 month old. If you bought your site in 2012, we will update and maintain the software behind your site for just $549pa. Websites are very much like The Ship of Theseus. Did Theseus arrive home in the same ship after all a whole year of war and maritime upgrades?
Depending on your server (or the theme your developer used to build your site) there are some limits. Imagine Theseus’ ship with just a few of its original bolts and planks. :)
What is WordPress Maintenance !?
WordPress website maintenance doesn’t mean adding fresh content to your site (having said that, minor updates under 12 minutes are free). Fresh content is a service we provide as part of our SEO & Content Marketing.
In short, we keep all that software running smoothly. In the case of WordPress that means you can upgrade your site easily and at any time. Upgrading your WordPress website should cost about half of the cost of a band new website if everything is running smoothly under the bonnet.
Can you guys update content my WP site?
Yes. If by updating a site you mean changing images, text, media and other content on the site.
Our Content Marketing Plans. Content Marketing is the latest buzzword in SEO, but really it’s the ultimate best way to keep your site fresh and relevant (and have it properly indexed properly by Google for best chance SEO).
Do you guys do hosting?
Hosting on a fast (Litespeed) Apache server is included with all our maintenance plans – but we don’t offer hosting alone (we used to until one guy changed both his master username and password to his first name – resulting in 3 weeks of site rebuilds after a massive bot hack). So no. We’e not brave enough to let you play on our shared servers.
But we are happy to work with your existing hosting provider.
Free Website Tweaks
Yes. True. Anything < 12 minutes is Free
Content tweaks that take less than 12 minutes (e.g. changing text or minor image updates) are included in our WP site maintenance fee. This could be;
- Changing five names and email addresses
- Adding a pre-written blog post with an image
- Embedding a YouTube video on a page
- Uploading a PDF file
- Adding a pre-styled button
- Changing the colour of a graphic / text.
Send the files attached to an email and we’ll put them up there. While services are usually charged at $99/hr, we bulk-sell web development hours so you can save.
No WordPress Maintenance Plan?
This is what Amanda experienced in late 2015 . . .
Amanda says . . .
Geoffrey Multimedia saved me. My WP website had been hacked, I had lost my Cpanel passwords and was ready to cry. I anticipated it costing heaps and becoming a drama. But no! Edwin efficiently and elegantly answered my call for help, got me back up and running within hours (the same day!) and gave me a great website maintenance plan price to keep it running, healthy and up to date forever (or as long as I wanted it).
I am still stunned at the great service, price and thrilled that I can support an AUSTRALIAN business rather then sending my money overseas to save a few bucks. Thanks a bunch, Edwin!
Full Webmaster Service
Seriously. If you have a WordPress website, you need a professional Webmaster on your side. A managed website means you don’t worry. Website maintenance means your site stays 100% healthy and from only $449pa.
For one yearly price, we include minor WP website content updates (such as updating staff info, adding new images, simple text changes and deleting old info). For a full content marketing and SEO service, see this page (or this one for SEO alone).
Website Maintenance Enquiry Form
For people who want their website to function perfectly and be right up to date all year around.