Terms & Conditions
For all work completed from 1st January 2020
- Early Payment (within 48hrs of receiving invoice) attracts a 5% discount.
- Failure to pay on time will result in;
- Cessation of all services.
- All discounts listed on your invoice will be void and the full amount will apply.
- Your website will be put in maintenance mode (until all outstanding payments are made).
- If payments are overdue by 6 weeks, website files will be removed from the server.
- Payments over $2,000 are usually paid in 3 instalments (unless agreed otherwise)
- 40% up front
- 30% on draft completion
- 30% after changes are made
- Payments over $10,000 are broken into monthly instalments with a 25% deposit (unless agreed otherwise).
- Payments of $50,000 or more are broken into instalments in discussion with you.
- Final payment (see Payment Terms 3.3 above) is due 14 days after 1st revision.
- Design revisions beyond a 1st revision will be charged for at an agreed price.
- Revision notes must be in writing and sent via email (PDF/Word format is fine).
- Deadlines must be clearly stated in writing.
- Email (more info in notes)
- Email is our preferred method of communication
- All work requests must be in writing, not done over the phone
- We require a paper trail for auditing work (and to avoid “scope creep“)
- Subject lines with URGENT will be relegated to the back of the queue
- We respond to all emails within 48hrs
- Email assistance for 3rd party systems (e.g. Microsoft Outlook or MS/iOS Mail) is not given.*
- General Maintenance Exclusions;
- Installation and support for third-party software (i.e. not supplied by us) is not part of website maintenance.
- Theme support (e.g. if you are building your own site) is not part of website maintenance.
- HTML/CSS/Programming is not part of website maintenance.
- I.T. support is not part of website maintenance.
- To Manage your site we need FTP access plus Admin-level access to the website back-end.
- We can’t help you with; setting up Windows, Antivirus Software, internet connectivity issues.
- Stock images (beyond what is used for draft and 1st revision work) must be royalty-cleared and sent as an attachment (usually via email).
- We do not pay for, or offer support for;
- 3rd party or premium (paid-for) software.
- SSL Certificates
- Premium WordPress Plug-ins
- SSL Certificates
Your SSL Certificate provider will usually help set up SSL (https://) on your website.
- Premium Plugins
3rd party plug-in or extension developer will help trouble-shoot software running on your website.
- Is your website down for just you or everybody?
Check here: https://www.uptrends.com/tools/uptime
- If you can’t access a particular website
If the link above says your site is HTTP 200 OK (live) but you still can’t see it, try these steps:
- All work performed is only in response to a written email request and/or written job list.
- Job lists shared or sent via Google Spreadsheets, Word or Excel documents are fine.
- Bullet-point job lists in Word work best (we grey-out tasks completed and can returnt he document with detailed notes).
- We are happy to share folders and files via cloud-based services such as; Google Drive, Dropbox or Onedrive.
* While we can provide you with your server (POP) settings, how you set up, send and receive email is up to you. Assistance for MS Exchange, MS Outlook, MS Mail, Gmail, Firefox Thunderbird or Eudora takes up a lot of time and is not part of our core business. We can recommend or refer you to I.T. & Computer Support people we work with.