Secure your website. Sleep well.
A Website Maintenance Plan keeps your website up-to-date, upgradeable, secure and visible to search engines. Think of it as tech support with insurance.
Without regular maintenance, your website suffers daily. Websites using a Content Management System (CMS) like; WordPress, Drupal or Joomla – will soon “break” if they’re not looked after properly. In 2020, Google’s Chrome browser will serves a “This page has some technical errors” message if your content doesn’t pass quality inspection. Regular WordPress Maintenance means that all plug-ins and software are forever up-to-date.
Check out our Website Rescue Service if your site needs rescuing right now.
Most hosting providers leave website updates up to you. Website maintenance, SEO and general upkeep is our specialty. We do it behind the scenes for various web companies throughout Australia. Come directly to us for a better deal.
Website Maintenance Rates
|Your Website Type||#Pages||Bandwidth||Yearly||Monthly*|
|No CMS/Db||< 20||up to 1Gb||$349||$39|
|WP/Drupal/Joomla (blog style)||< 20||up to 2Gb||$449||$44|
|Small Business / Basic Corporate||< 30||up to 5Gb||$549||$55|
|Ecommerce/Large Websites||50pp+||up to 10Gb||$649||$65|
|Community/Multiple Users||n/a||up to 20Gb||$749||$72|
|Custom-Built Db Sites||n/a||up to 10Gb||$549+||$49+|
* Pay yearly or monthly (1yr minimum commitment)
> No charge for hosting
We maintain your website on your current host or we can host your site (for free) on our fast (a2hosting.com) lightspeed server (where your site is served from and SSD card).
Nobody wants to be the harbinger of online gloom and doom, but you’re probably here because you’ve had some experience with the following . . .
- Hacking will render a site completely useless
- Site bloat (too many plug-ins) will slow down your site (bad for SEO)
- Google penalises sites employing black-hat SEO techniques
- Your site may be used for phishing (fraudulent attempts to obtain sensitive information) without your knowledge
- Your site can be added to a virus blacklist (without your knowledge) because it is running malware
- Incomplete updates will interrupt the smooth running of any website
- Plug-in incompatibilities can render some CMS updates invisible
- Black-hat SEO (cheap and unfair SEO techniques) will negatively affect your ranking
- Multiple drafts of posts or duplicate files can affect site speed and ranking
All of the above will adversely affect your website ranking and the overall health of your website. If left unchecked, a site will suddenly stop working. In worst-case scenarios, sites need to be salvaged and re-built from the ground up. Most web developers will baulk at that idea. Not us.
(Hint: 45+ update, security & technical updates not included with any regular hosting package that we know of)
Websites need more than hosting. Website maintenance means keeping backend software up to date – but that’s a small part. It’s not something you can automate – or run with an offsite management plugin. Only a human can look after a website properly.
If you have a custom-built site, and you’re happy with your developer, we can work closely with her/him to keep your site up to date and operating smoothly all year round.
Our website maintenance plans cover you for the following issues;
During set-up (1st to 3rd Month)
- Fix any issue arising from past misadventure / website upkeep.
- Obscure login pages to prevent hacker attacks (usually done month #2)
- Test for malware and clean site if bugs are found (the #1 reason why sites “break”)
- Check site health and remove site from blacklists (e.g. Google, Norton etc.)
- Check site for Black Hat SEO (anything that ignores Google’s SEO guidelines)
- Add Nofollow to links that don’t help your ranking (SEO makeovers only).
- Add code which tells Google to re-index your page after an update (great for SEO).
- Monitor Google Search Console for inconsistencies, health, mobile & SEO issues (upon request)
- Monitor Google Analytics to check/identify patterns in your traffic (upon request)
- Remove dead links (Googlebot may stop indexing a site if it discovers a dead link)
- Check forms are working properly
- Add form security (partially to prevent bots injecting malware into your Db)
- On-site back-up of form data. Never lose a lead because of unreliable email
- Custom PHP functions/libraries updated (upon request)
- Communicate with your hosting people (if not hosted with us).
- Delete or update old plugins and themes (leaving one in reserve)
- Delete old posts and page drafts (checking with you first)
- Remove unused media (upon request)
- Remove unused categories & tags (SEO makeovers only)
- Hide/replace unused shortcodes (if you use those)
- Clean up database (speeds up site a little)
- Remove comment spam (secret two-pronged approach)
- Walk you through any aspect of your site over the phone. Including fix stuff we didn’t do.
Regular Check-ins & Website Updates (throughout the year)
Usually website updates and security tweaks are performed monthly but sometimes weekly
- Update 3rd party software updates (plugins, extensions, software).
- Respond and fix issues discovered by Google Search Console (good SEO).
- Black Hat SEO checking (due to client misadventure/bad “SEO tweaking”).
- Redirect old pages to new ones (preserve link juice, site authority).
- Prevention of Denial of Service attacks (DoS attacks) where possible.
- Prevent hacking and comment spam.
- Embolden site access and deal with lock-outs (e.g. creating new logins)
- Monthly site clean & anti-virus protection
- Database tables normalised
- Monitor User Activity (upon request)
- Answer email queries (within 48hrs)
- Answer phone calls (8am – 6pm EST)
- Check and redirect broken links (SEO makeovers only)
- Fix menu issues when adding new pages
- Resolve site crashes
- Automatic website backups
- Manual website text content XML backups (upon request)
- Remove, block or watch suspicious/mis-behaving files.
- Block countries from login (or entire site).
- Communicate with your server techs (on-going)
- Walk you through any aspect of your site over the phone.
Updates under 12 minutes are FREE
- If you need your site content regularly updated, please check our website content updating page.
- If you need a cost-effective SEO service (starting form $149/mo) check our Ongoing Monthly SEO page.
If you are not hosted, we will host your site for free on a blisteringly fast, WordPress-configured LiteSpeed server (SSD card, 20X normal speed) – perfect for SEO. Any site with more than 20 pages and a CMS (WordPress, Joomla or Drupal) needs website maintenance. It’s a form of insurance.
Google rolls out new SEO rules frequently (in the past it has done so daily) – so you need to be fixing those on the go. Requirements for SSL, mobile-friendly websites or de-indexing due to keyword-stuffing are highlights of the last 5 years. Get up to speed and know what you can (white hat SEO) and can’t do (black hat SEO) on your website. Just “leaving it” will guarantee problems down the track. Hire a professional webmaster to maintain your website and sleep peacefully from only $349pa.
No cowboys. No lock-in contracts. Zero automation.
This is all performed using old fashioned eyes and hands.
Website Hosting Vs. Website Maintenance
What is Hosting?
Website hosting means putting your website on a server which is connected to the internet backbone.
Wholesale hosting is very cheap. You can host hundreds of sites on a good server for less than A$600pa. However, the cheaper the hosting, the cheaper the quality (of the server and service they provide). I could strap a laptop to the internet backbone and charge for hosting. Instead I choose to maintain client websites properly. That way they are always ready for resale or upgrading in the future. Our managed sites are rarely more than 4 weeks old.
I use specialist WordPress Hosting (today’s favourites; www.siteground.com.au – great support, www.queenslandhosting.com – super fast Aussie server and www.a2hosting.com – reliable and serious hosting with 24/7 chat support.
Hosting providers can help you with SSL, bandwidth and space issues on your website – but few hosting providers will keep your website up to date. In fact, some hosts simply send you a message when something goes wrong – asking you to fix it becase your site is compromising their security.
Website Management & Maintenance Plans
Geoffrey specialises in keeping your website serviced and up to date.
Websites on our maintenance plan are, on average, only ever about 1 month old. If you bought your site in 2012, we will update and maintain the software behind your site for just $549pa. Websites are very much like The Ship of Theseus. Did Theseus arrive home in the same ship after all a whole year of war and maritime upgrades?
Depending on your server (or the theme your developer used to build your site) there are limits. Imagine Theseus’ ship with just a few of its original bolts and planks. :)
What is Website Maintenance !?
Website maintenance doesn’t mean adding fresh content to your site (although anything which takes us under 12 minutes is free). Adding articles is a service we provide under SEO & Content Marketing.
In short, we keep it all running smoothly. In the case of WordPress that means you can upgrade your site easily.
Can you guys update my site?
Yes. If by updating a site you mean changing images, text, media and other content on the site.
Updating your written content is essential for good SEO. Check out our website update plans for updating content such as photos, text, graphics and forms. Content Marketing is the latest buzzword in SEO, but really it’s the ultimate best way to keep your site fresh and relevant (and get it indexed properly by Google for best chance SEO). See our Content Marketing Plans.
Do you guys do hosting?
Hosting on a fast (Litespeed) Apache server is included with all our maintenance plans – but we don’t offer hosting alone. Hosting comes free with website maintenance.
We are also happy to work with your existing hosting provider.
Free Website Tweaks
Yes. True. Anything < 12 minutes is Free
Content tweaks that take less than 12 minutes (e.g. changing text or minor image updates) are included in our website maintenance fee. This could be;
- Changing five names and email addresses
- Adding a pre-written blog post with one image
- Embedding a YouTube video on a page
- Uploading a PDF file
- Adding a pre-styled button
- Changing the colour of a graphic / text.
Send the files attached to an email and we’ll put them up there. Other services are charged at $99/hr. But we bulk-sell web development hours.
No Web Maintenance Plan?
This is what Amanda experienced in late 2015 . . .
Amanda says . . .
Geoffrey Multimedia saved me. My website had been hacked, I had lost my Cpanel passwords and was ready to cry. I anticipated it costing heaps and becoming a drama. But no! Edwin efficiently and elegantly answered my call for help, got me back up and running within hours (the same day!) and gave me a great website maintenance plan price to keep it running, healthy and up to date forever (or as long as I wanted it).
I am still stunned at the great service, price and thrilled that I can support an AUSTRALIAN business rather then sending my money overseas to save a few bucks. Thanks a bunch, Edwin!
Full Webmaster Service
Seriously. If you have a website, you need a professional Webmaster on your side. A managed website means you don’t worry. Website maintenance means your site stays 100% healthy and from only $449pa. Even cheaper for a hand-coded website.
For one yearly price, we include minor website content updates (such as updating staff info, adding new images, simple text changes and deleting old info). For a full content marketing and SEO service, see this page (or this one for SEO alone).